Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Asphodel, by Strings of Consciousness? with Thirlwell vocals?  (Read 3753 times)

rynne
  • Foetal

Re: Asphodel, by Strings of Consciousness? with Thirlwell vocals?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »
"Asphodel" on Youtube

I like it though, except for the last bit, I don't know if I'd have pegged the singer as JGT if I hadn't know it was him.  It's very similar to his Love-style vocals.

Rizimar
  • Zygote

Re: Asphodel, by Strings of Consciousness? with Thirlwell vocals?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
Jim's vocals are rather unintelligible in this song. Actually, I heard of this some time ago because Strings of Consciousness hangs out on Foetus's MySpace page and spams anyone who comments on his profile. So they told me about their album a few times, each time acting as if they had never contacted me before.

But I did find the album at a used CD store. Aside from having Jim (barely) on one track, there's really nothing outstanding about it. I actually found it rather annoying.

The guys behind Strings of Consciousness seem to be trying to get attention by collaborating with old no wave / industrial icons, though; they constantly talk about collaborating with the likes of Genesis P. Orridge and Lydia Lunch.