Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Restored album cover art (so far)  (Read 3420 times)

poetryslam
  • Foetalmaniac

Restored album cover art (so far)
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »
hey, y'all.

this is big poppa e.

i've been refreshing and restoring the album art for jgt's stuff, mostly just so i can finally see what it all looks like (but also for some other "official" reasons soon to come!)

i used to have all the original vinyl releases, but that was then and this is now, and now all's i have are the tiny CD versions, and while those are nice, man, they just ain't the full-sized fetish pieces that the vinyl were, you know? i have been taking high-quality scans of the original artwork provided by the lovely and talented bill fitzgerald and barry greyshon, with whom i am collaborating on this project and am applying some time-consuming and painstaking love to achieve some pretty damned fresh 600-dpi images. i have even been able to find the original german, russian, and chinese propaganda posters that were used on the original artwork, and i have used those to really bring out some detail that had been lost the first time around and on subsequent CD reissues.

for example, you can actually SEE the twins' faces on the back cover of DEAF!

i have focused on the artwork rather than the small print on most of the releases, so you'll notice that has been removed, and some tweaks have been added here and there, but, hopefully, the original intentions have been honored.

i ain't sharing the primo shite with you little monsters, but i have made an online gallery of the work so far in 72-dpi glory, which is way better than anything else you can find online, including this here website. you can't really print it out or use it for anything else, but you can most definitely take a gander at it.

now, i know you little monkeys can figure out some way to snatch the art and use it for icons and wallpapers and such, but i will ask you to limit what you do out of respect for the artist, who has been very clear about his views about file-sharing (he hates it.)

anywho, check it out! i am really happy with them so far:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danksticky
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:55:25 PM by poetryslam »

FatherMasturbator
  • Supercalifragilisticsadomasochistic!

Re: Restored album cover art (so far)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
You've done a great job with these. I'm really impressed. They must have taken you some time.

Rita Lin
  • Zygote
  • CHA CHA MUSIC IS MY SALVATION

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:24:46 AM »
Uiii, thx a lot!!!

Great Job

DJ Sprtsch
  • Zygote

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 02:34:25 PM »
Marvellous job!

NO PART OF IT
  • Zygote
  • www.nopartofit.com
    • NO PART OF IT

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »
It really brought me great joy to see that image that was on the screen in the GASH cover in good fidelity.   Apparently it was a promo sticker.   I would love to own that.  Thank you.