Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bringing foetus with me to inpatient mental health facility...  (Read 1416 times)

poetryslam
  • Foetalmaniac

been locked inside for a few days of a month-long or longer stint in a mental health facility -- voluntary -- and i wore my brand spanking new THAW t-shirt today to make me feel a bit better, and when i went to the cafeteria this morning, the guy serving up powdered eggs smiled big when he saw my shirt and said, "hey, like your shirt!" turns out, he's a lifelong fan of foetus as well, so we had ourselves a brief conversation about our favourite albums -- he chose NAIL, i chose HOLE -- and i went to my table alone but with a smile that lasted until i tasted the eggs.

we both admitted that it was the first time we had ever met someone who liked foetus. isn't it perfect that it would be here in a place filled with paper slippers?

logrey
  • Foetal

Re: bringing foetus with me to inpatient mental health facility...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »
I don't suppose it was a mental institution for famous movie stars dead by the sixties...or was it a nuhouse on the outskirts of a pig farm?

mchownyk
  • Zygote

Re: bringing foetus with me to inpatient mental health facility...
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
Hey- I know it's been a little while but I wanted to ask if you underwent any sessions/treatments of ECT? I went through four (my psychiatrist was shooting for 8-12) and it messed me up so bad I refused any more. I don't recommend it for anyone- ALL of May 2013 is gone and it took about a full year for my memory to come backů I think. My memory was so bad I had to write down what people told me or I'd immediately forget it. Also it completely wiped out large sections of my memories. Like watching a video of your life and suddenly the scene goes blank. It was bad and I regret ever agreeing to it but my Psych Management Team (wife, therapist, family members) all wanted me to do it so I did. What an enormous mistake. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?