Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Danger Global Warming (recycled by JG Thirlwell)  (Read 12318 times)

hughesta
  • Supercalifragilisticsadomasochistic!
  • My friends call my Sisy. You can call me Mr. Jones

Re: Danger Global Warming (recycled by JG Thirlwell)
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
"Mr. Slam, did you publicly declare the defendant to be 'the best'?   Oh, you did?  Fine then, he obviously did not commit a lewd act with that minor female.  Case dismissed!"

I need to try this sometime. Make my life a whole lot easier.

MindlessAutomata

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 01:06:50 PM »
There's a much less convoluted and quality-reducing way of obtaining this file.  Use downloadhelper (http://www.downloadhelper.net/) with firefox and rip the stream directly from the site.  You'll see a little three-colored ball thing near your address bar; you can download the file after starting the mp3.

Be aware that it might ask you to download some other crap with the addon; just say no during installation.

There are other less-convoluted ways to do this than using a microphone, too, like setting your recording device to stereo mix (or something like that) and recording what the PC is playing directly, too.

MindlessAutomata

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 01:46:13 AM »
"Mr. Slam, did you publicly declare the defendant to be 'the best'?   Oh, you did?  Fine then, he obviously did not commit a lewd act with that minor female.  Case dismissed!"

I need to try this sometime. Make my life a whole lot easier.

I need to do a lewd act with a minor female myself. Might make a life a whole lot more fun.

hughesta
  • My friends call my Sisy. You can call me Mr. Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »
Do it. Highly reccomended.

princess_stomper
  • Foetalmaniac
    • Reinspired

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
*slap* until you have to go to prison for it.  >:(

JGT was sensible enough to have the bouncers ID girls to make sure they were 16, back in his naughty days ...

@ DLJ, re the whole "it's a gift thing", I think it's a grey area. If they wanted it downloaded, they'd have linked direct to the MP3 rather than streaming it - but I totally get what you're saying. It crossed my mind, for example, to put together the HIDE clips into a single YouTube video so that it would be convenient to point people to when talking about the album - but I'd have felt obliged to ask first and if he said no, I'd have to respect that.

On the other hand, I did include free-download "world music" clips in a video game mod, on the basis that they were giving it away for free anyway so surely can't mind me redistributing them without permission. I then ran into a raft of problems later on when it was automatically entered into a competition and I had to take steps to have it withdrawn from the runnings of any sort of prize in case I got my butt sued off if it won! Luckily, I got a non-prize mention and nobody ever contacted me about it, but if I could have turned the clock back, I just wouldn't have used the music at all.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any difference between ripping it for your personal use and taping it off the radio. That wasn't strictly allowed either, but it's a completely different kettle of fish than torrenting stuff.

poetryslam

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »
how do we get into these spirals? first we talk about that newly-recycled song by Thirlwell, then all of a sudden we are slipping roofies to teengirls and leaving them nekkid in the bushes.

let's talk about monkeys!

MONKEYS!

MindlessAutomata

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »

Unfortunately I couldn't convince the ladies I was worth it when I was a teen; I don't think much has changed since then. 

*slap* until you have to go to prison for it.  >:(

JGT was sensible enough to have the bouncers ID girls to make sure they were 16, back in his naughty days ...

@ DLJ, re the whole "it's a gift thing", I think it's a grey area. If they wanted it downloaded, they'd have linked direct to the MP3 rather than streaming it - but I totally get what you're saying. It crossed my mind, for example, to put together the HIDE clips into a single YouTube video so that it would be convenient to point people to when talking about the album - but I'd have felt obliged to ask first and if he said no, I'd have to respect that.

On the other hand, I did include free-download "world music" clips in a video game mod, on the basis that they were giving it away for free anyway so surely can't mind me redistributing them without permission. I then ran into a raft of problems later on when it was automatically entered into a competition and I had to take steps to have it withdrawn from the runnings of any sort of prize in case I got my butt sued off if it won! Luckily, I got a non-prize mention and nobody ever contacted me about it, but if I could have turned the clock back, I just wouldn't have used the music at all.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any difference between ripping it for your personal use and taping it off the radio. That wasn't strictly allowed either, but it's a completely different kettle of fish than torrenting stuff.

This is all legally and morally very gray and it's all rather arbitrary when you closely examine the details.  If you just provide it streaming off the internet, you STILL make it perfectly capturable without any loss in quality, no microphone needed.
It's like when websites try to make an image hard to copy off a website, you can still just hit print screen then paste it in a program and crop it to get it.  There's only ways to make it a little bit harder.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:30:06 AM by MindlessAutomata »

marke23
  • Zygote
    • ireallylovemusic

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
i love this track.
that is all i wanted to say.
being given this tip off made signing up to the forum all the more worthwhile.
ta
mark
http://www.ireallylovemusic.co.uk